World's Longest Yard Sale 2010

I remembered last night that my favorite time of year was this weekend...well, one of my favorites. It is the World's Longest Yard Sale, from Michigan to Georgia...someday I will travel the entire route in one weekend. This year Michael and I drug Mark all over KY. Our first stop was the 'Husky Girls' (they have a husky dog and we can never remember their names so Michael called then the Husky Girls one day and it stuck). I spent .50 on a Scrabble games with extra pieces. We needed to stop in CVS for a few on the road snacks, everyone gets a choice of one snack to last them the day. I knew exactly where our first stop would be. Somewhere past Florence there is a stretch of road on both sides filled with so much stuff it take awhile to go thru it all. I knew after seeing this it was going to be a good day. I'd say that had my name on it, but I already have three old wheelbarrows. So I passed on this one...it was hard.

And one of these old bathtubs was calling my name. I am so jealous of Betsy and her bathtub fountain we made last summer. But we passed on this too. I'm still kicking myself.

I didn't buy the shirt and I ALWAYS by the shirt!

One of the best parts of the day...a hamburger with warm homegrown tomatoes, a small bag of Grippo's and a pop...$7.00

But I broke down and bought a $2 lemonade. Best I ever had. Recipe: 1 cup ice cubes, 1/2fresh squeezed lemon (whole thing put in cup), 1/4 c sugar (I had 1/2 c sugar in mine) and then water to fill cup. Put all in one of those metal drink shakers. Shake. Pour. Add straw Enjoy!

Just pick a spot, any spot...maybe one with lots of parking. Put out tables, line up junk, open up the pop-up camper and enjoy the people.

Maybe even provide a little lunch spot under an umbrella because there is never any shade.

Rent out spots in your field or even your front yard for $5 a day, get 'cha some yellow police tape and wave 'em in!

found what we were looking for...a pack and play for Carter...$3.00...can't walk away from that! I did walk away from some pretty cool things...rusty metal lunch boxes, little metal step stools, big wooden ladders, two rusty cupolas, iron animal doorstops, old plates, peach baskets, dirty quilts, old metal thermometers, a metal minnow bucket, lots of pottery bowls, wooden chairs...and so many others things...but spending the day with the boys...PRICELESS!

Comments

Kathy said…
loved this. i love to go junkin too. nathan would prefer a colonoscopy.

Popular Posts