Water, Water and Some Fish

If you are looking for a really laid back, relaxing place to vacation, I would highly recommend VagaBOND Cove Cottages. They have a little something for everyone. And the scenery isn't half bad either. We enjoyed the cold water of the pool. Snuggled with the bunnies. Fished from the docks. Sat by the campfire. Rode bikes back and forth. Fed the chipmunks. Listened to the loons....

Michael's one and only fishing trip in the boat. He was just a little nervous about the whole boat in the middle of the bay thing. He likes to have his feet on solid ground. Not to mention that seasick thing. That night he was up hugging the porcelain bowl a few times.

He did get to see me in action. Not to mention the Mark casting for pike and Peep netting the winners.

This is a picture of one happy Pappy fisherman.

Peep in action with the first catch of the night.

My first fish of the vacation. I was not sure that I was going to get one so I put on my fishing rally hat...just to bring me a little luck.

My hat worked...look and this one! Right before going in to the dock.
I love this little spreader! Saves us all from losing a few fingers.

And the winner is...Wammy...7 pound great northern pike. Love it.

Michael ran off the dock to Peep's neighbors to tell them that his Mom got a big fish. Then he wanted to carry it over so they could see it. I think it was a long as he is tall. Can you tell he is excited by the look on his face?

This is the first time I have ever witnessed someone filleting a fish at the kitchen sink. First bag of fish towards the fish fry at the end of the week.



Comments

Popular Posts