The Unusual

There are just some shots I got that really need some explanation...and then some you just grin and shake your head...

...since 1885! That is amazing. The Niagara Falls area (Canadian side) is clean and well groomed for sure. A real treasure for Canada.


The little store where you now get your fishing license (we used to take the boat across the bay to a little Mom and Pop place) was a treat! They only had ONE license...and you see who got it!

This is was piece offering from Mark. Seems someone locked all the keys in the van at the Cheese Factory. Michael and I started to walk back to the Sugar Shack when it started raining. We headed back to Pam's Jam shack for cover. Finally Ed, the owner of VagaBOND came and picked Michael and me up while Mark waited for the tow truck.

Sparking of Pam's Jam...you name a flavor and she makes it. And lots of it!

Michael tried this maple sugar candy and gave it a two thumbs up. I think he ended up getting one every time he went to get ice cream. It's vacation!

Cheese curds...it sounds horrible but they are quite good....different days of the week a different flavor..today just plain cheddar.

The big apple...one of the places that Bryce and my parents would stop coming and going to Canada each year. When we passed I text him to let him know where we were. On our boat ride to Bolt Castle they showed a video and I didn't know the history behind 1000 dressing. Seems the Bolt's chef came up with a dressing that everyone loved. He served it to the guests of castle and I guess you could say that the rest is history. Michael ran down to see if there were any recipe cards...'because I know Mom that you love to collect recipes'...collect not use.



This is my favorite sign of all times. Dead People's Stuff...what an eye catching name. We drove past the place but I just couldn't bring myself to go in. But it made me laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts