Lots Of Water

This has to be one of the most powerful bunch of water in the world. The sound, you have to almost yell to talk over it. I can't imagine having an idea like "let's go over the Falls in a barrel and see if we can live." Just the sheer power alone scares me to death. Then hearing the motors on the Maid of The Mist gunning just to keep us in one spot at the base of the falls...






Lake Ontario is absoutley the most beautiful place in the world...well, maybe not the world but close to me. The water is crystal clear...you can see the fish laying at the bottom. And did I mention how cold it is? It hurts my feet when I first get in but after awhile of wiggling my toes, my feet start to thaw out. I don't know how I ever played or skied in that cold water when I was a kid. This sailboat belongs to the owners of VagaBOND Cottages...where we lived for a week! I'd like to live there for a week....or more in the summer...definatley not in the winter. I think Laura told me once that the bay freezes solid in the winter. Is Dustin fishing with my favorite Pirates of the Caribbean pole off Peeps dock?
Wouldn't you love to be 8 years old again? What a life!
The Sandbanks. I somehow remember them being big banks of sand that we could run down.
Mark must already be out on the water...there is only one kayak at the dock...at it is Michael's.
I think there must be a fishing pole growing out of Robin's right arm. If we were anywhere near any amount of water...she was fishing. She's got the fishing bug bad.
I have this as my wallpaper on my phone. I never dreamed in a million years that he would love kayaking so much. I guess I should have know that when we took him canoeing for the first time we were in trouble. He loves the water...as long as it isn't too wavy and he is in control. He now not only gets carsick but seasick as well.
Don't tell anyone but this is our first morning in Canada. We couldn't wait to get out paddles wet in Lake Ontario...I went in my pj's. Mark has the kayaking bug as bad as Robin has the fishing bug. He has already decided that he needs his own kayak. Wonder what three will look like on the top of the van?

Comments

Popular Posts