Homeward Bound

Our last morning in Canada was a little bit sad. The weather was cooler and very overcast. I always get a little teary on the last day. I know what a job it is to get to Canada and I know my family, well most of them, they aren't good travelers for a long trip. Robin says that she is going to look into flying up the next time she comes. Michael said that his trip was rated a 70% because he got sick and there was noting to do...translation...no TV or friends to play with. I thought we all did a good job playing with him. Up bright and early to hit the dusty trail back to the US. Does he look excited or what? He really is an excellent traveler. Only raises his head from the DS, VCR or book when he thinks it might be close to time to eat something.
A fine family shot on the front deck of our cabin. The tree behind us is growing up thru the deck.
We had to go down to check on Pepaw and Dustin. My Dad work up in the middle of the night really sick. We had to help close up the camp and help him pack up his boat. He sat on the edge of his bead and told us what needed to be done. We sat him in the front seat of his car with a pan filled with garbage bags for the trip home. (They did make it to far across the border before they had to stop and stay the night...he was so sick)
The happy Bumgardner family ready for the long car trip home. Little did we know that Molly was running a fever. She and Dustin drove Robin's car while Kenny and Robin took turns driving Peeps car.
This is Laura's barn. I have a beam from one of her barns that my Pop Paw brought home when we were adding on to the little house. I also have a black needlepoint stool my grandmother gave me from this barn. I wanted so bad to go inside but Laura has it locked so tight that you can't even see inside...I checked. But she is missing one rock from her wall out front.
For all you Ice Road Trucker fans...Nunavut is a real place in Canada where real people actually survive. It is way up there in the freezing cold.
We were sitting on the middle of the Peace Bridge in Buffalo, NY waiting our turn to go thru Customs. After that nothing much else happened...just a very long 14 1/2 hour drive worrying about the bikes on the back and the kayaks on the top of the van. But we made it home last night around 1AM. I'm ready to go back tomorrow...not sure about the rest of the crew.

Thanks Dad for an awesome vacation!

Comments

Sabrina said…
The pic of the three of you is great.

Popular Posts