Busy From Sunup to Sundown

Our home away from home...the Sugar Shack.

Our fire pit where almost every night we sat, ate s'mores and decided what we were going to do the next day....you know making a plan which almost always included as trip to the Cheese Factory for some ice cream.

My little fishing buddy...hate that roll of fat hanging over my top...gotta work on that...seriously!


Michael's very first fish, caught and reeled in all by himself. He was so excited and so relieved that we weren't going to eat it. And he really didn't want to touch it either.

A day at the Sandbanks is almost like a day at the beach...minus the salt water. Our trip was cut a little short because of a thunderstorm headed our way.

Sandcastles with a moat and all.

Finished product right before the storm.

On the way home, everyday, we pass the Cheese Factory. It is tradition every night or just anytime you pass the Cheese Factory, to get ice cream and cheese to take home. Michael decided that he wanted to taste a pure sugar maple candy. He give it a thumbs up. I think it might actually get a two thumbs up because he got another one the morning that we left.

Molly actually wet a line, a few times. But I think this might have been her first and only fish, a little perch that she and Dustin had a little fun with before they let it go.

My Dad is always trying to get a good shot of the sunset. I tried my best to get a good one. I fiddled with the setting on the camera...it was very challenging to fish and take sunset shots. What is a fisherwoman to do?

Since we had one boat and an abundance of anglers we had to take turns. It worked out pretty well. Poor Dustin, I think we might have missed a few turns. And he really missed his fishing buddy Bryce. This is one of the good pike fishing holes....'the green door'...that door has been green as long as I can remember.

Robin's pike! She was so excited! Both fish had been in the live well for awhile so I had to do a little fish magic and bring them back from the jaws of death. A little swishing in the water, a burp and off they went to grow up for us to catch the next time.

Laura owns the Park where my Dad has his fishing camp. Jim is the best Jack-of-all-trades guy around. He helps Laura look after things. And I think he keeps my Dad straight too...but I don't know if that is really possible.

Comments

Popular Posts