A Zoo Kinda Day

Everybody better just sit back and enjoy...these shots (and there are lots of them) are for Ellis and Alaire.

Mark and I decided to put the yard work to-do-list on hold and go to the zoo early before it got hot. Great Idea! We packed drinks, snack and lunch and off we went. I can't believe how great the Zoo looks. New entrance and nice buildings...a cross between the Denver Zoo and The Lincoln Park Zoo.

We had coupons to feed the Lorikeets. That was fun...they were really wanting the liquid sweet treat. At one point Mark had three birds...one eating out of his left hand, one out of the right hand, and one was drinking the sweat off the back of his neck. I had so many drinking cups and seed sticks in my hands that it was hard for me to take any pictures.






This black bear was so relaxed that his lip was hanging down and his teeth were hanging out. I couldn't tell if he was slobbering or not.
The Botanical Garden is awesome. Mark was checking out all the flowers. We saw the people taking care of the flowers having a pow wow and Mark eased his way over to listen to what they were saying. There are some different and very interesting flowers. Michel informed me that I wasn't to spend time looking at the flowers. So I only got a few. I could see the wheels turning in Marks head...I bet we will have some new flowers inthe yard next spring...ones that he waw at the zoo.




And then there was the Children's Zoo. Oh, those baby goats. This little girls was trying to steal my goat. Not happen' sister, I don't care how cute you are. Please step away from my goat.
I tried to sweet talk this little goat into going home with me. But that lady at the gate was not having any of it. Shoot!
My favorite animal is the lowland gorillas. Not too much going on with them today. But they still were cute.







The Komodo Dragon...this is Who Dee. A very young dragon. On the way into the enclosure there were questions about the dragon. Michael answered more correct that I did.
I thought I was on the set of Zaboomafoo...lemurs everywhere.


I like the new 'deck' for the lions. Now when they nap we can see them really well. I felt so close to them.

I love this little green lizard. I thought it was the little Geiko lizard. I expected to see him stand up on his little hind legs and start talking.

I can't remember the name of these monkeys but I do remember what they look like later on when they are 'in season'.

Michael took a little times out and played in the children's area.
It is really hard to get any pictures of Michael. He just doesn't like being in front of the camera. But he ran to the polar bear statue and asked to have his picture taken. And then we have to take 8,000,000,000 shots to get one that might pass as a smile or one where he is actually making eye contact with the camera.
There is a wonderful statue of a mother rhino and her baby when you first walk up to the gate. This must be their real daddy.
I love the ahhhh face this seal has on her face. Like I am in this cool refreshing water and you humans are stuck out there walking around in all that heat with your underwear stuck to you sweaty bodies.
And at long last, a hot of Michale and Mark on the train. You know that we get endless train rides now at the zoo.

There were lots of animals that we didn't see. There were a few things we didn't get to ride. But we figured that we could catch all of those on the next trip to the zoo...maybe in October when it is a little cooler. Michael said that he was up for that! And Mark said that he was too...bring on the snacks and lunch. And I said yard work here I come.

Comments

Jan said…
These are great, Jan. Oden will be here the next two weeks, I think we'll hit the Zoo at least once.

Popular Posts