Reclaiming The Garage.

"The crowds will be gigantic but the bargains will be even bigger at MILFORD MANIA!! Come browse our tables, our hang trees, and don't forget our bargain basement area. Something for everyone with toys, clothes for young and the young at heart, glassware, old records, furniture. And the list could go on and on. So bring your cash because we can't accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover. 9am both days till its all gone. So come see us where the streets are paved with bargains!!"

I asked Mark to post something on Craigslist for me about the rummage sale. Several people made a comment or told me that they had seen his add. And it was crazy. I have never had such great nights of rest and sleep as I have had over the last two days. Tomorrow we will close our doors for this year. I have reclaimed most of the area in the garage. New bright working light bulbs and everything has a place and it is in that special place. I double dog dare anyone to mess it up. Doodles and Allyson and their parents aren't going to know what to do with a clear path to the door. Mr John said we had crossed the line from a rummage sale to a flea market. Ms Renee, Ronda and Lynn also had sales on the same days...three in a row is better than one alone. I worked Fridays sale by myself which was fun and exhausting. I sold, fixed, carried...you name it I had to do it. At one point I had a line of 6-8 people waiting to give me money. There were two things that someone took as a five finger discount...kinda like a dine and dash kind of thing. It must be pretty bad when you have to take from a rummage sale. But I guarantee that there were way more nice people. I met neighbors from two doors down. A nice elderly man went thru some of my things and told me what they were.Michael and Luke sold lemonade for awhile. I think they might have made $2 each. But when you are 8 that is a ton of money. Michael is saving for a special new game for the Wii. And if I know Luke, he is saving for the latest electronic gadget. They had a good time but decided to give up after a few hours on the first day. I can say that I am so glad I finally have the garage back. We have to hang the kayak and get a new garbage can with a lid and I think we will be set. We moved the fridge around the right way, cleaned up the work bench, organized the gray shelf and now if we have to we could pull the truck in the garage. The van is too wide and would never fit. It is so nice to be able to walk out there in the dark and not fall all oer myself. Mark my words...the garage isn't a personal storage building...until the next garage sale. I think we made enough to last one day at Niagara Falls.

Comments

Popular Posts