Paddlefest 2010

Michael and I headed down to Coney Island around 4PM on Friday night. Several people were there placing their 'mode of transportation' in line at the put in. We walked around all the vendors, checked out the lighthouse and picked up lots of free stuff. I even took a fly fishing class. Michael and I checked out all the kayaks hoping to find a used one for a real deal...that didn't happen.

Saturday morning the troops and I loaded back up in the car and headed back to Coney in hopes of getting pictures of all the different boats that would be traveling down the river. We were about an hour too late. So the chase was on. Down 52 we traveled looking down streets and in between house for a glimpse of people on the water. We found one park and got a few pictures. But decided after seeing only a few that we needed to head down to Sawyer Point to pick out a spot on the Serpentine Wall to watch everyone cross the finish line.



We got a little warm so of we were off to find something cold. Michel found some Italian Ice...he got some and was ready to set off down to the takeout point. He didn't last long in the sun on the cobblestones so he and Mark went to see if they could get some tickets for the Reds game that night. So I went as close as they would allow me to go to take pictures of all the different kayaks and to see just how they did it all...because next year I am paddling...I'm hoping I can get a partner to go with me and someone to take pictures of us when we finish. My Christmas and birthday list have started...special shoes, a vest with zip pocket to hold the Kodak waterproof digital camera...I think I have everything else covered. As you can see young and old enjoy this sport. I think I fit in...young at heart but old in body.





So next year I'll be fit, trim, tan and decked out for PADDLEFEST 2011 and then I can get the t-shirt!

Comments

Popular Posts