Look Out...Here We Come

Two of my all time favorite websites, I visit them on a daily basis, almost too much some say, to see what good 'treasures' I can find...FreeCycle.org is awesome. I don't know what I like more..being able to find something that I know we just can't live without or giving it all away to someone who can give the item/s a second chance at life. And Craigslist...It is more Mark's gig. This is you you might find on any given day...Until she has been in the water and christened with a name, she will be know as the 'little kayak', I know, really original. Mark called me on his lunch break yesterday to tell me that he thought he had found a smaller kayak for a good price. (We have been looking since PADDLEFEST for a smaller kayak so Michael ...and the two other paddlers, aren't so squished and it makes for a more enjoyable ride for all). My job is to do the pricing research until we go look at said treasure. I already knew from other research that Old Town are good kayaks. I know that paddles aren't cheap.

We drove to the other side of the earth...meaning the west side of Cincinnati...and saw her and fell in love. She is only a year old and has been in the water a grand total of three times. The owner wants to buy a sit-upon so her little dog can go with her. After some chit-chat and dealing, we came away with what we feel like was a good deal. The lady was thrilled...today she buys her new kayak. And imagine that tonight her little dog will be cruising down the Little Miami loving her new boat. Now to save for a rack for the van and some traps to tie her down .

Comments

Popular Posts