CO...S'Mores

Oh Ellis and Alaire wanted to have a campfire and make S'mores...so bad. It was either storming or so hot that you would never want to sit by a campfire. But what is a Wammy to do....build a huge campfire and make S'mores. (Cassie was just sure that her HOA would be sending a fire truck along with a nasty gram complaining about the huge campfire that was going to catch everything on fire...she seems to have forgotten who is the campfire queen around these parts). I would never turn down anything with chocolate or anything that my grand kids wanted...so campfire we had.

It had been raining so we pulled out some dry boards to sit on. Those smooth wet stones don't sit too well on your hiney.


Cassie was trying to teach Ellis proper placement of the ingredients of the s'more. He was having none of that...just give me the s'more, Mom.


Just look at all those happy camper faces. I swear that they were enjoying every minute of the experience. But remember it was SOOOOOO HOT.


Lane's second home is Cassie's house. He is up bright and early every morning on his bike riding in front of the house in hopes that someone will see him and come to play or invite him to play.

Now, Alaire has her technique down.

And there is no slowing her down.

I dreamed about s'mores that night and decided the next time we have a campfire I might just used a Reese's Cup instead of a Hershey Bar. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Comments

maryt/theteach said…
I love s'mores, wammy! Thanks for commenting on my Yard Art post! :)

Popular Posts