Tater Ridge Adventure

Friday was my last 'free day' without any children. Ms Renee has heard us talk about all the things Herb has and what an adventure it always is when we visit the Amish. So as soon as the school bus pulled out I was ready to go. I found Ms Renee watering her flowers in her jammies...silly girl. Our first stop was the covered bridge. I love this bridge. I had to have a picture to document that we were there. On the way back to the car I notice a ladder across the fence. About the time I got to the top of the ladder we heard the biggest deepest bark from a dog I have ever heard. Scared the Bejabbers out of me! About the time I got to Ms Renee and the road, someone crossed the covered bridge and the sound shot out like a gun going off in rapid fire. We both jumped a mile high. That's when all the fun began! Miller Brother's was our next stop. We needed to get something to eat so we went to the bakery. That place smells like heaven! I think we looked at everything in the place twice. And decided to get the biggest soft pretzel they had with some mustard and cheese. YUM! We needed something to wash down all the salt from the pretzel so we walked to the Bulk Food Store. Mistake. We both came out with a few things we probably really didn't need and forgot to get something to drink.. Mark made out like a bandit...some chow chow and almonds. Another YUM!




Be sure to click on the pictures to make them larger so you can actually see what we saw. And the the reasoning behind the name...interesting. Just a few steps across the gravel parking lot is Miller Brother's Furniture. Oh they things we thought we needed. Lots of beautiful Amish made tables, chairs, beds, dressers....

Oh but the day is still young...off to see Herb and all his stuff. I am kicking myself now for not getting a picture of us with Herb and his wife. He is a character. Bless his heart. He could talk the print off wallpaper.
We hadn't even made in into the first barn and Ms Renee lets out a squeal. She saw the most beautiful chicken/rooster she had ever seen. I think if we could have snuck him into the van she would have. His name is Buddy and he is a trained rooster. Herb calls him and he comes running. Herb went into the house and got a piece of bread so we could see another one of Buddy's tricks. He is a jumping rooster. Jumps 2-3 feet in the air to take a bite out of a piece of bread. Not to be outdone..'smelly dog' shows up and wants in on some of the bread action. Herb makes him sit for ever...so much so that the dog starts to slobber for a piece of bread. That had to be the most stinking dog on the planet. Herb said that he hadn't had his spring bath yet...the dog not Herb. I think he must have missed a few spring baths by the stench! And then there were all the peacocks! Everywhere you looked there were peacocks. Ms Renee was beside herself! And the lovely calling they do it each other is like fingernails on the chalkboard. But the certainly are beautiful. Doesn't matter...she still doesn't like them.Oh, and then we have our treasures...I love my little metal chair. It looks great out in the new 'park' bed. Ms Renee got us both a long old white window. I am having trouble figuring out where the best place to put it is. I am sure I will have it in a million different places before I settle on just the right place.

We are already making plans to make a trip back in October for the Herb Festival. Better save up lots of money for that one because Herb says it is a big one!

Comments

Anonymous said…
so much fun!!!! what a gorgeous day!!! thnx ms. jan, I love you!!!!!

Popular Posts