Strawberry Pickin' Kind of Day

We all slept int today until 8AM, well, almost all of us...not Michael of course...our first official day of summer/no babies. Boy did it feel good! After some discussion and convincing we headed to parts unknown...with some simple directions and the taste of strawberries in our mouths. We drove to a U-Pick small strawberry patch. It was only about 11Am but the sun was hot. Loaded up with sunscreen we headed for the 'strawberry lady' to pick up our buckets. Emmy and Michael started picking in the row beside me. Emmy made friends with a man from Cincinnati...his first time picking too.

Michael didn't last too long...he headed for the shade. While he was down there we saw the strawberry lady's family show up. Some of the cutest little boys in rain boots that you have ever seen. And a baby in the carrier. Let me just tell you first that she didn't look old enough to have three kids...and second, and she didn't even looked like she had ever been pregnant. I think her name was Melissa.

Every whip stitch Michael would show up to check out our progress and see how much longer it was going to be. He is definitely not an outdoors kind of kid, as much as we wish he would be. He would tell us where to look for the biggest berries.

Michael's new best friend's name is Opal. They spent a lot of time down under the tent with the strawberry lady. I think he talked her leg off. She has two little boys so I figured she could handle herself with him.

I though we had better get a picture of the buckets of strawberries and the sign so we would always know the hours. We plan to go back next weekend to get some more berries because I don't think all of these will last for the weekend.

We took a little side trip...AKA...Yard Sales along the way home. I got a medium sized galvanized bucket with a handle for $1...yea! And while we were there I kept hearing a bird squawk. A parrot was perched in the tree by the house, Charlie is his name. Oh, I almost forgot...we stopped at a little drive-in in Owensville for some great sandwiches and even better homemade chips. And then after all of that we made our way to Old Milford to check out all the little shops. Emmy bought me my new fishing in Canada/kayak riding hat. Love it. Sorry now pictures at this time but I am sure that there will be.

Comments

The Oakes said…
why is em behind the sign? I need more about the sandwiches and a picture of the hat.

Popular Posts