River Rats

Today was a marathon day on the river! We also spent a lot of time in the car looking for a put-in. We ended up about 15 minutes from home putting in at Lake Isabella, which was really nice. I want to go back and fish sometime but I don't think the adults around here want to go. Michael on the other hand, wants to go, but it would probably last about 15 minutes...about the same amount of time it would take us to get there. Is it worth is?This is the only picture we got from today. Mark took it just before we got in the van to head down to the river. Let me explain just a few things...Emmy found this awesome three person kayak at a yard sale last week. It came complete with the rack you see, the straps, three life vests, and two collapsible paddles. I am sporting my new Canada fishing/kayaking hat. Never worn a hat before but carrying on my Mom's tradition of wear a hat when I am on the water. Lookin' good. Emmy looks like a real tree hugger today. And Michael is just being Michael. He cracks us up with some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. And then there are other times, like a million times today, when he drives us CRAZY!

We were on the water from Loveland all the way to Milford where Mark was waiting on the bank...and he waiting for a long time. We are starting a list of must have...a water proof camera because we missed a lot of Kodak moments today, a few waterproof bags to pack our stuff in and a laminated map...oh...and a single kayak for Micahel.

I'm wondering what my arms are going to feel like tomorrow. I have calluses on mt callouses. And surprisingly enough...no one got sunburned! WE will all sleep well tonight I am positive of it!


UPDATE....my arms feel fine, but i think I have a very deep bruise on my right side about the bottom of my ribcage, a bruise on my elbow and one in the center of my upper back. I'm falling apart with everyday. No sunburns to report. And I checked on the Internet...our trip was exactly 7.1 miles long. Wish I had looked at a clock before we hit the water. Guess we will just have to do it again and clock it.

Comments

Popular Posts