This Makes Me Cry

Saturday, March 13, 2010




i keep drawing a blank when i start to write
tonight. backspacing to delete and just sort of
staring at this square i'm supposed to type in. it
seems that the time is coming soon for sarah beth
to leave us to be with Jesus. and the closer it
gets, it seems to me to be a little more difficult
to find words.

julia said that sarah beth had a very emotional
morning, but eventually was able to calm down.
sometime this afternoon, things changed and her
breathing slowed. kathleen called around 4:30 p.m.
to tell me what was going on and said that we
should come soon. our family gathered and spent
the evening at sarah's bedside. many many precious
moments there together. sarah was able to say some
things she needed to and so were the rest of us.
greg and blake (sarah's uncle and cousin - my
husband and oldest son) are out of town but were
able to talk to her by phone. kathleen read a
passage of scripture that sarah mentioned and
keith read one of his favorites, which also
happens to be one of sarah b's. again, God gifted
us with beautiful time together.

sarah beth's body and mind are failing her, but
her spirit will not. she is sure of God. only God
knows the moment He will say to her (to any of
us) that it's time to come to Him.

tonight she said, "rest assured that Jesus paid
for all of us." she wants so much for everyone to
come to Jesus.

thank you, always, for praying.

leigh ann


john 14: 1-6 (sarah beth wanted to hear this
tonight)
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in
God; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are
many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told
you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will
come back and take you to be with me that you also
may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place
where I am going."
5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where
you are going, so how can we know the way?"
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and
the life. No one comes to the Father except
through me.

Comments

Popular Posts