WE ARE...MARSHALL

Today I proudly fly my Marshall flag to pay tribute to the players, coaches, team doctors, and fans that were killed in an horrific plane crash just before landing at the Huntington's Tri-State Airport 39 years ago.
I was a junior in high school. Mark was a freshman at Marshall. I remember it because one of my girlfriends dated one of the football players and my sister's best friends parents perished that day. Mark answered the phone at the fraternity house trying to answer questions from parents and friends. The Spring Hill Cemetery, where the Memorial stands and some of those who died are buried, is not far from where we lived. If you would like to read the account of the crash and the days and years that have followed click here MU. Every time I watch the movie I get goosebumps.

WE ARE... MARSHALL

Comments

Katie R said…
Seeing your post we watched the movie. We didn't know that story. What grief, and sadness, and hope. My thoughts are with those who still grieve this weekend and during their daily lives because of such great loss. Love you.

Popular Posts