It's An Early Thanksgiving

Not only that...we got to celebrate Ellis and Alaire's birthdays. But first this is what our table took like before the feeding frenzy began. This year I asked everyone to tell me what their all time favorite Thanksgiving 'side' was. That is how we came up with the menu. Turkey was a given. Ellis wanted mashed potatoes. Michael chose mashed potatoes too. Alaire asked for mashed potatoes but hers had to be pink. Sarah was drooling when she said strawberry jello salad. Mark wanted broccoli cauliflower salad. Bryce wanted green bean casserole. I never got the memo that Tini wanted some mac and cheese. At the last minutes I made some deviled eggs just for me. There were several requests for Ms Connie's cranberry salad. It turned out to be a pretty good menu. Mark always has carving honors. The dogs have learned to take their places around him so they can pick up the scraps. Bryce is always there to lend a helping hand. And I think they both think that they are the official taste testers.
We got to celebrate Ellis's 4th birthday and Alaire's 2nd with cupcakes that we made. I think making them was just about as fun as eating them. We had enough mini cupcakes to feel a small country. We still have tons...anyone need a little sweet fix?

Comments

Popular Posts