Can You Guess

I have a new found blog...thank you Emmy...some days I think she thinks she has created a monster...FREECYCLE.ORG I am telling you right now if you have the time, check it out, you will be amazed at what is to be had. In a nutshell it is a website (green, of course) all over the world where people offer things for free. So far we have gotten wine bottles, fencing, a nice Pack and Play, two 8 foot wooden louvered doors and the following...original documentation stamped on the back

manufacturing company label

front of cabinet label

flour bin (missing the handle)

built in flour sifter

graniteware counter top


metal bread drawer



Antique Vintage Hoosier Kitchen Cabinet Hoosier

I got an email that someone in Reading, OH...which is 30 minutes or so... away was giving this away. I had no idea what it really was...the email said oak kitchen cabinet. What the heck, I'll bite. And I am so glad that I did! Mark, Michael and I went piled in the truck...snuggly...and off we went in the pouring rain. We found the house with no problem. The little man was so nice. He is selling his house in OH and moving to Asheville, NC (I asked him if I could go with him) to retire. I was so thrilled I sent pics to Mark's Dad who knows a thing or two about antiques. He went to his 14th Street sources and found out that it is actually made of birch and could be worth anywhere from $200-$800. It has a desk roll top that we have to figure out how to fix. I don't care. For now it is in the basement being cleaned and I plan to use it to store diaper, wipes, hand sanitizer, snacks, books...and anything thing else I can fit in it. I love it but there are years and years of grease and grime to clean off. I think I might have to use an electric drill with a large brush attached or a blow torch.


Comments

Popular Posts