Adventure at Hocking Hills

Emmy has been talking about wanting to go to Hocking Hills. Mark was up for the marathon trip. Michael was bored...go figure. And I wanted to try out the settings on the camera. In usual Ellis Family fashion, the trip there was filled with the long way around, food, potty stops, snacks, a little complaining, sleeping and frequent stops at apple orchards and such, stops to eat, site seeing and making fun of one person in the car...wonder who that was? This was our first encounter with the rocks...huge one hanging right over the road. Also in this area we saw a dark and creepy cave.

See, I told you it was right over the road. If you think that is impressive...just wait!

Getting prepped for the hike down the mountain.

This is just a little bit of what we saw on the way down the path.

Can a girl get a little help here?

Mark had to find his own way down...Joy, I keep thinking of the time we went hiking and someone got injured?

Emmy is trying to convince Michael that there are no bears in the caves. He wasn't to sure about all these caves.

Grand Daddy Rock

I think he just discovered another way to get to the next place we needed to go.

Emmy decided that she should have a turn with the camera. I know she took 50 shots of us. This was the only one that turned out. When I smile my eyes disappear. At least you can't see my double chin!

My hands were tingling and my palms were sweating...I was so afraid that someone was going to fall into the deep cavern below.

I love this shot for so many reasons.

Michael found cave writings and all different colors. Not to mention lots of bird poop.

Didn't see any trolls.

I love this one...don't we just look like two old people out for an afternoon stroll i n the woods?

It's official...you saw it first here...
Emmy is a real tree-hugger.

These are beautiful hills but nothing compares to the WV hills of my youth.

"Oh, how majestic and how grand." Only these are in Ohio.

Comments

The Oakes said…
You should make that picture your new profile pic. on FB. I have never seen you smile better or look more like your mother!

Popular Posts