Cincinnati Art Museum

A few weeks ago I was checking CincinnatiCents...the place where I go to get all the latest around the area and I found out that today, Saturday, September 26 is National FREE Museum Day. I checked the website and found that there were several things offered in and around Cincinnati. I thought Michael would love to take his camera and see what he could do. Mark loves going to the Art Museum and is always trying to get us to go. So all the way there I hear how he always wants to go and everyone always makes fun of him and says no way that it is way to boring...which is true. But first we had to make a little detour to The Anderson Farmer's Market (There is a lady there that is going to give me a little goat...my family all say a very strong and loud NO WAY MOM!)and of course lunch. Since we were going to be in Bryce and Tini's neck of the woods we called and asked if they would like to go with us. Bryce ended up coming, Tini was getting a haircut.We ended up atThe Mt. Adam's Bar and Grill. Not only is the food good but the atmosphere is what sells me. They seated us in the 'back porch'.I loved all the long windows and the stained glass above them...awesome. Makes you wish you owned the place. This was my favorite window...it hung right above the window behind our table.
Michael took this shot. Very becoming of me for sure. As you can probably tell I was telling him just what to do and by the looks of the tired old face he wasn't listening very well.

Okay, back to the FREE DAY at theCincinnati Art Museum.Come to find out everyday is FREE DAY (admission is free but parking is $4 and if you want to see the special exhibits they cost extra, but today was all FREE. Michael was so excited. He would find something interesting and Mark would try to read all the info before he moved on to something else. I think buy this time he had already taken 15 pictures and we had just started our adventure.
I tied so hard to not let him see me taking shots of him taking shots. But he moves a lot quicker than I do. This is the best I could do. He thought this boat was pretty cool.
Mark saw this shot. I had to wait for everyone to move but them I see a few moved in without me seeing them...the old eye site is going quick. It was an interesting illusion standing at one end of the building looking to the other end. By this time Michael has had enough...and we had just seen the first floor. So we decided to call it a day and come back another day to see the second floor. Mother-Son shot at the end of our educational trip to the Art Museum. Do I look like I am ready for a little nap.
I think this might be why we didn't stay longer...a swing must have been calling Michael's name.

If you would like to see and hear more about our trip, please feel free to check out Michael's blog, Thru The Eyes of M.E.

Comments

Popular Posts