Sierra's Story


I receive updates about Sierra from
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center CarePages service.


I thought I would share their story as seen thru her mother's eyes and heart.


On July 21st Eric and I had an ultrasound scheduled that we had requested. At my previous OB appointment on Friday, July 10th I had asked my doctor if I was going to be able to get another ultrasound. He agreed to do it for a couple of reasons. We never did get to see her face on our gender ultrasound (around 18 weeks) and I had just measured larger during that visit. He knew that it wasn't gestational diabetes causing me to measure big that visit so he agreed to that ultrasound. So we go to our 1:30 appointment on Tuesday, July 21st excited for a 4D ultrasound. After a very uncomfortable initial ultrasound the tech goes and gets the Dr. I asked Eric if she was getting the doctor because I was so uncomfortable (and being a difficult patient) or if something was wrong. He said he wasn't sure...When the doctor came back in he asked me if I was miserable and I told him yes and then asked "What's wrong?". He told us that she had "hydrops fetalis" and was very sick and needed to be delivered that day. I was only 32 weeks pregnant.
He sent me to the Perinatal Center for their determination of what to do. Dr. Singh agreed that Sierra needed to be delivered that day. By 4:39 that evening Sierra was born. She weighed 6.6 and was 17 1/2 inches long. That weight was not her true weight though because she was full of fluid.
more later...


Visiting and Contact Information

We are at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Concourse B, Floor 4


Our address at the Ronald McDonald House is:

Ronald McDonald House

Attn: Room 52 Thomas

350 Erkenbrecher Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45229


A fund has been established at City National Bank to assist with medical expenses (and living expenses since Laura is unable to work at this time): Sierra Thomas Benefit Fund


The doctors are saying that Sierra will probably be in the hospital for at least 6 months. The family is praying for four months.

Comments

Popular Posts