Points

Michael and I have a paper route...ya, I know what you are thinking...and some of you are saying it under your breath (Bryce)...I can hear you...Michael and I have a paper route. It is not one of those big ones like the Napier's used to have. We only pass papers...a community paper...on Wednesdays. We get to collect once a month. And we have it down to a science. I fold and bag the papers. Michael throws the papers. Michael collects the money. I turn the money in. He earns the bonus points. He has been collecting points since he took the job over from Sarah when she got a 'real job'. Two plus years of collecting points...319 points to be exact. He decided to cash them in for gift certificates to get a Mario Super Sluggers game. It took a few very long days for the lady at the paper office to call us back...did I mention that they were LONG days. After we made our appointment, Michael would give me an hourly...really a minute by minute report of how much longer it would be until we got to go pick up his gift certificates. He had earned $60 in gift certificates and had 10 points to start his new 'point collection'. We don't hear too much from Michael these days...only when he needs some help hitting to right field. He is so ready to start saving for the next thing...wonder what it will be...bet it will have something to do with Mario...what do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts