Peeps Night


My Dad has never in his 80 years ever gone to a professional baseball game. Well, that streak ended Friday night. The Reds played the Dodgers. We were two rows up on the right field side. I can tell you that Michael started asking for the pizza that he remembered from the time the McGilvary's came a few summers ago. We did the wave. We watched other people dance. We bet on the races. We sang Take Me Out To The Ballgame. My Dad aggravated the kid in front of us who was from LA. We are hot dogs. We made a mess with the peanuts shells. We yelled CHARGE! We stayed for the Friday Fireworks Show. We did it all. But the best story of the night is.....
Michael and I had taken our gloves because he was just positive that he was going to catch a ball. I don't remember what inning it was or who eve hit the ball. But a ball came straight for us. My Dad stretched his arms up as far as he could. The ball hit his fingertips, hit the lady behind him and the lady behind her got the ball. It was like everything was in slow motion. My Dad stretched. I ducked. Michael looked up to try to find the ball. And Mark kept yelling, 'catch it, catch it!' Not to worry. I documented it with a picture of the jumbo tron. Check out the slide show.

Comments

Jan said…
Very cool. Love the slide show. Our family went to the Dodger's game, here in LA, one week ago. What a blast.

Popular Posts