Findlay Market...Again


I can never get enough of Findlay Market. I love that it is Findlay Market. I love the colorful buildings. I love the window boxes overflowing with flowers. (Next spring I plan to have these dressing up our windows. I love that they have fresh things like eggplant and zucchini and yellow squash and limes. We love the Bee Sticks we discovered that are actually flavored honey in a straw. We found some granola that my Dad loves I love the butcher. How you have to stand in a crowded aisle three deep and yell for your meat. I love how the butchers interact with the people. We got some of the best pork! I love all of the diversity.

I love the exotic flowers in the open air market. All the organic offerings. I just love it. I could go every weekend. I think my Dad thought it was a unique place. But we did have a little bit of trouble. He got a little turned around and got lost just for a bit. But he did the smart thing. He stopped in the middle of all the commotion and whistled that whistle that I can recognize anywhere...the one I heard for almost 20 years...the one that meant you better hike your little hiney home as fast as you can. I found him standing, waiting and telling a little old lady that was concerned about him, telling her that we would find him in just a minute. He was right...we found him and then we were off to have one of the best hamburgers in the Market. I'm ready to go back next week! Anybody want to go with me?

Comments

Popular Posts