Farmer's Market

We love our little Farmer's Market. But lately Mark has been on a kick to check out all the Farmer's Markets in the area. Sunday afternoon we ventured to Hyde Park...nice...big variety..lots of interesting people...need I say more. Right off the bat Mark finds something for Michael to do. Seems there was a little scavenger hunt. You had 6 or 8 veggies that you had locate and then write down the Vendor. There were some questions to be answered. If you did all that, when you turned your paper in you got a sticker. I got to choose the sticker...a little pink pig, what else would I have chosen? They didn't have any goat stickers. I forgot to mention, peaches, herbs, breads, cakes, pies, music, carriage rides, fresh flowers, salsa, mango smoothies (which Michael LOVED!), fresh eggs, honey, mushrooms you could buy by the pound, and some of the best pizza I have ever eaten! I can't remember all the kinds. I just remember that the one I chose was a chicken Alfredo. OH MY GOSH. I wish I had gotten an entire pie! We did end up with green beans, red potatoes, and peaches. Sunday Dinner was delicious, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Next week we plan to check out the Anderson Township Farmer's Market.

Comments

Popular Posts