We've Created A Monster...

...Michael is a reader like no one I have ever seen. When he is reading the world around him does not exist. He is really into his books. Right now he is finishing up the Magic TreeHouse Series by Mary Pope Osborne. He has finished all the regular books and we have the last four research books on his stool in his room. There are something like 40 plus books and 19 research books...all of these finished and every word comprehended since January of this year. I'm telling you it is like nothing I have ever seen. So what does this have to do with anything at all...Yesterday, the greatest day of the world, I decided to take the boys to Wendy's for lunch. We got our food (Michael recommends the new Asian Chicken) and came home for a picnic on the driveway under the shade of one of Luke's big trees. It was so relaxing. I know you probably don't believe it...especially if you know these two yahoos...but it was great! Guess what was in Luke's Kid's Meal...Dingoes at Dinnertime...book #20. I think we have listened to it no less that 500 times so far. My one and only request...if you have kids (or you order from the Kid's Menu like I do sometimes) and you order Kid's meals...would you please share your audiobooks with us. When we finish I will be sure to Pay It Forward. FYI...There is also a Musical..no kidding! Check it out at your local library.

Comments

Popular Posts