Mother's Day Weekend...Part One

I love it when you can stretch out a good thing over several days...like Birthday Week and Mother's Day Weekend. And yes, this time it is all about me! Friday it all started. Mark, Allyson and I hit a few garden centers. If there is one thing other than our friends and church in WI we miss, it definitely has the be the garden centers. Mark and I could spend days walking the isles and reading info about the plants. Getting ideas to bring to our yard was always something we were looking for. I wish you could have seen our yard in WI...it was nice. Anyway, we didn't have much time because we had to get back for lunch, naps and the school bus, but we were able to get a few in. At one point Allyson posed for a picture for her Mom for Mother's Day...We tried really hard to get pretty flowers behind her and the heart shaped frame made with my hands. Allie wasn't in a very good mood about now...it was hot and getting close to lunch time. We tried to move to a place where we wouldn't bother anyone...if anyone saw us I am sure they thought we were nuts. Who cares, certainly not us! Saturday morning we got up early and dropped Sarah off at work and headed to Anderson to the Plant Sale at the Anderson Township Historical Society log cabin. They had really nice plants and reasonable prices. I entertained Michael while Mark checked out the plants and talked to the little old ladies. We even saw a friend from church buying plants. (I'd love o see his yard sometime) When I see those poppies I think of The Wizard of Oz and the fields of poppies where Dorothy wants to fall asleep. I did happen to see this info sheet on a flower that Papaw gives me about every time I am home. We have never been able to figure out just what it is. I took a picture of the sheet in hopes that now that I have seen and read about the plant I will be able to remember the next time I go home and he digs yet another one up for me.

This brings us to the end of Mother's Day Weekend...Part One. Part Two will be posted tomorrow. Part Three maybe the day after that.

Comments

Popular Posts