An Update...

I was so pleased to see this on Love Your Guts this evening. Sarah Beth just has a way with words...

I know it's been a while since I've written and I do apologize for that. Since surgery and even before it has become more and more difficult to type. So, honestly, instead of getting on here and getting frustrated, I just won't get on to write and I'm sorry for that. It's selfish of me. I started chemo this past Tuesday and it wasn't that bad. I did have a reaction to it and they had to stop it and give me some drug that countered it and the reaction stopped. After a few minutes, they hooked me back up to finish the dose. The rest of the week, I've mostly slept. Literally.

Let's see.... mom and I are reading a book together. It's called Inside the Revolution. It's written by Joel Rosenberg. I would recommend any of his writings. The whole family is still doing good. Jason just got back from San Diego and Jeremy is still working. Extended family (that includes Julie, Hutch and Gracie) are also doing well.
(Julie and Hutch are expecting twins in August.)

Once again, my aunt is organizing everything for the Komen walk in Charleston. We are having t-shirts made for our team. I would love for everyone to come. Directions for how to sign up are written below.


We're doing a shirt for our team for the komen walk again this year. the shirt is chocolate brown with pink lettering. the front left-chest design says "never give up", and the back is zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save". they're $10 each. if you register with komen for the walk, they include a komen tshirt in your packet. if you would like for me to order one of our team shirts for you, please let me know how many you want and what sizes you need. i need to know by monday, april 20th so that i can place the order for us to have in time for the event day. we are participating again this year in the wv komen race for the cure, to honor sarah beth and to raise money to help find a cure for breast cancer. it takes place in charleston, wv on may 2. we'd love for you to join us - at the event itself, in fundraising, or both! please help in any way that you can. if you want to join our team as a walker, a runner, or if you want to "sleep in for the cure" (i like that option too!) you can do that online. this link will take you to our team page and you can join/register there. go to http://racewv.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=12&i=294247&g=3375127

for more information on this event, go to http://racewv.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=3&i=294247
Thank you Leigh Ann for getting this together. If you want a t-shirt, but don't know how to get hold of us, my e-mail is sarah_napier@yahoo.com,
(gee, maybe we could all email her a card this week) or leighannbc@gmail.com.

Thanks again for your prayer and support!! You might not think it's a big deal, but without your encouragement, I think I would give up. Ok, I gotta go now.
(you will never ever be able to understand how important the cards are to her. She has every card that has been sent or given to her.)

lyg,
sarah

Comments

Popular Posts