He's On His Way

Last night we got to spend some time with Richard and his family...today they will be driving Richard to Hagerstown so he can full fill his lifelong dream of becoming an FBI agent. Richard...007. Then tomorrow he will be driving them to BWI to board a plane back to OH and he will go on to VA. Please pray for his sweet Mom, Betsy. She is having a tough time with letting her baby go. It hasn't helped that Richard had to go to NC all week last week to train his replacement at Duke. He blew in and now he is blowing out for five month of intensive training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA. And then there is the very proud Poppa, Dewey. He is so thrilled for Richard...Rich, as he calls him. He could not be more pleased. Though he does seem to have a lot of questions and can't quite keep some of it straight...I think it might have a little to do with his loss of hearing. He will be holding down the fort while the package is delivered. (Does that sound like some FBI talk?) And then we have the three stooges...I mean three brothers. They made sure to give him last minute instructions and made sure that he has a healthy supply of power bars. They have read all the info about the Academy and they are going to make sure that Richard is well stocked so he can be at the head of his class...which I an certain he will be. No doubt in my mind. I got to talk to Jamie,Richard's fiancee, for just a few minutes. She seems fine with it..."It's only five months, I think we can handle it." I think the most trying thing for her is going to be planning a wedding with the prospective groom away learning how to be James Bond. Once Richard graduates in August, he will be placed somewhere in the US...he will have to come back to OH get married and then move. Talk about a whirlwind! Cassie, this picture is for you...the Golden Girls were at the party too. They are so funny. I actually think that they might be joined at the hip. And that is a good thing. I can only imagine when the trip will be planned to visit Ricard...if you can visit.
It was great to be able to send him on his way. I wish we could have gotten there sooner to see everyone that showed up to send Richard off. I know that this is something that he has worked for with everything thing he has ever done. I wish him well and I hope I don't have any computer problems while he is gone. I'll be in big trouble. Good luck! (I am guessing that there might be some FBI way to say that...I'll work on finding that out.)

Comments

Popular Posts