Sunday Afternoon Drive

After being in for so long with the weather and various individuals being sick, Mark announced that on Sunday we were going for a drive in the country. Country? I thought we almost lived in the country...oh well, just down the street and around the corner is 'the country'. Michael packed a bag with his DS, a Junie B. Jones book, and of course some snacks...one healthy, an apple and another junk food, some Grippo's and an orange soda...big treat. Of course the front seat was not without some snack items I LOVE old barns. I have always wanted to have an old barn...now we have a small Amish made barn in the backyard. But I have dreams of converting one into a house. Wouldn't that be awesome?
This is more of what I like. If there hadn't been a no trespassing sign, I would have been in there in a second, if I could get Mark to unlock the door. He wouldn't let me do it. Party Pooper. Would you look at this one! I just know they were some old glass doorknobs and some window frames with broken glass...jackpot. But again, it was a no go from the boss. But he did do a double take and a back up for me to jump out of the van...we are calling this 'road find'...you know kinda like 'road kill'.We found it on the side of the road in the middle of a hill in the middle of a curve. We figure that someone lost part of their load for the dump. It is just three old landscaping timbers mailed together and another half timber. We haven't decided what to do with it yet...gotta think on it for awhile. But you can bet that you will see it in the back yard this summer.

Comments

Popular Posts