Slone Kettering and NYC

A report from Sarah Beth

Friday, January 02, 2009

New York never ceases to amaze me. This is the 4th time I've been there and I've never seen so many people. Still love it though. It was a different experience. I wanted to walk because I'm stubborn, but mom, dad and Julie talked me into using the wheelchair, which was an experience in itself. We went to see the Rocketts on Saturday night and it was amazing! I would totally recommend it to anyone. We tried to see Mary Poppins, but weren't able to get a ticket. We went down to see Lady Liberty, but there was a 3 hour wait, so we decided to head up to Central Park. They have tours of the park, which is also pretty cool. They have guys that ride a bicycle with a buggy on the back that you ride in. It takes about an hour and they give you all kinds of history about the park. Sunday, we went to Brooklyn Tabernacle church, which was amazing. The choir is unbelievable and Jim Cymbala (the pastor) is a great teacher. Tuesday was the doctors appointment. We were pleased to find out that we have some options. I have to get several scans first and then I'll start on chemo. Then we go from there...hopefully this chemo will work. If if doesn't, there is another chemo I can take, but it would require me to stay in the hospital. The third option would be to have surgery again. So, for now, we just wait on scan results and the start of chemo.

Comments

Popular Posts