What A Day

Our day stated out pretty normal...Michael not wanting to go to school, Ella needing to go out, Sarah running late for school and Mark, running the show....it is Monday and he was off...thank goodness! Today is Michael's 7th birthday. Hard to believe that he is that old. Just seems like yesterday Dragic brought him to our front door. You see, it is marked on all of our calendars so we won't forget. How many kids do you know that have to go to the doctor on their birthday. Michael always seems to have a cold. He has lots of allergies and asthma to add to that mix. You never when he doesn't feel good because I guess he always feels bad. Mark has to take him to the doctor because I was, let's jut say, busy in the little girl's room....I get a call from Mark telling me that Michael has a double ear infection (his normal) and walking pneumonia. NO WAY! He never coughed...never had trouble breathing...nothing...no indication of anything what so ever. What a horrible mother I am not to pick up on all of this. By now Mark is walking around with his chest all puffed out saying that he knew it all along. Michael had chosen pizza bread, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner...with a Mario chocolate cake for dessert. Somewhere that changed to dinner at his favorite Mexican restaurant and chocolate cupcakes with red icing and hot wheels cars on top. That was not fine. Emmy was just a little upset about the cake so she made little Mario figures and put them on the cupcakes...which were a giant hit. They all went to dinner and I stayed on the couch with the dog. What a day!

Comments

Jan said…
Wow, is your head swimming, mine is from just reading your post. Hope you and Michael feel better, soon.
Anonymous said…
So, ole Leslie back here in Huntington is just getting over "walking pneumonia" also! Tomorrow, I will have the joy of being re-allergy tested. I went through it once about 10 years ago, had 5 years of shots. Now, I get sick all the time again. I have been on antibiotics for 5 weeks straight. Fun.
I hope Michael feels better much quicker than I did!

Popular Posts