Sharing The Love

Posted by Picasa
About a week ago I received an email from Barb, the director of the best Preschool I know...not predjudice at all, inviting me to the annual Christmas get together. It is always so fun. Lots of laughs and tons of good food. This year was no different. Lots of good food...I made Mark's Mom's recipe/Emmy's tweaking individual pineapple upside-down cakes. As I look at this picture I see three assistants that I taught with, three parents turned preschool staff and four original staff that go back to the beginnings of the preschool, and a room full of very patient ladies that helped me makes it thru the year I was the Interim Administrative Assistant. One of the ladies...I don't even know how to begin this next part. I taught with Linda(first one standing on the back row, left, little blue shirt with a darker blue sweater) one of the first years I taught at the preschool. Linda was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few years ago. I believe she was actually in remission for awhile. The tumor has returned with a vengeance. She has grown married children and several wonderful grandchildren. At the most with chemo the doctors have given her a year to live. She has decided that she wants to be her best for the rest of her time so she is going to pass on the chemo and all the sickness and just live the last few months living and loving the people around her. It was so nice to see her and to hug and love on her. Margaret made a wonderful soft blanket for her to wrap up in on the days that she just needs to rest. The teachers are hoping she will be able to feel the strength and love from all of them as she is wrapped in the blanket. She still has a twinkle in her eye and a little giggle in her. Thank you so much for including me in the celebration. Please pray for Linda and her family and friends as she surrenders slowly.

Comments

The Oakes said…
who would have guessed that was a room full of preschool teachers?....i mean with all of the christmas sweaters!!

Popular Posts