When It Rains, It Pours

Michael has has such a rough week. I have had a rough week. We started out on Sunday night with him 'not being able to hear his words.' Trip to the Doctor's office on Monday night...double ear infection and walking pneumonia...missed school on Tuesday. Went to school reluctantly on Wednesday (bully on the bus). Came home on Wednesday..looking pretty rough...went directly to the bathroom..pj's on and in bed. I won't go into details but all I can say is that he was running at both ends (YUCK). And to make matters worse...we got a letter from the county about him being 'in close contact' with a child with pertussis (whooping cough). Last night was the longest day of my life...he was awake taking all night long...begging for something to eat. No way...I refuse to scrape it off the walls. So I made the decision that he would stay home today and tomorrow. I have bleached everything in sight...so much so that Mark walked in last night and said that it smelled like a swimming pool.This morning I had to put something in the mail for the carrier to post for me. I found something special for Michael from Luke. When I took it upstairs he was so thrilled. He had me open it very carefully so he wouldn't tear any of the paper. He read it several times and then said that he thought that was so nice of Luke to do. He is working really hard to do all the things he should to get well. He is supposed to have a birthday 'get-together' with Luke and Skyler on Sunday afternoon. Shhh...I can't hear a thing on the baby monitor...maybe just maybe...he fell asleep!

Comments

Jan said…
What a rough time, hope you and Michael are better soon. My middle grandson gave me whopping cough, when I was 53, it is absolutely no fun. Hope you guys avoid that.
Anonymous said…
That is too cute!!! I love Lukes note!
Kathy said…
ur such a good mommy. and what a sweet luke. that little boy reminded me how important such little gestures are.......how easily we forget. how that little note made michaels day!

ps that comment about the pool smelling room cracked me up!
Kathy said…
ur such a good mommy. and what a sweet luke. that little boy reminded me how important such little gestures are.......how easily we forget. how that little note made michaels day!

ps that comment about the pool smelling room cracked me up!

Popular Posts