A Little Boys Heart

Sometimes God just whops me up side the head. And He uses the most unusual ways to do that. I think because I am so hard headed it takes a whammy to get the point across. A few weeks ago the elementary has parent-teacher conferences. Mark had to work so I went solo. I like to be early, unlike most members of this crazy family, because I love looking at all the art work the children have so hard on and have proudly displayed outside the classrooms. I passed a Christmas tree filled with paper stockings. I made a mental note to choose one on the way out. Well, on the way out I was still mulling over what the teacher and I had discussed and walked right past the tree. I kept meaning to go back over to the school to chose a stocking. Just never made it. Then this is when I got whopped up side the head...Michael,as sick as he was the last day he was at school, came running off the bus carrying a little red paper stocking. I asked him what the stocking was for and he said that he just got it off the tree. His teacher must have said something like..."if you are interested in getting one you can". So he just said that he was interested...he really wanted a green one but they were in a hurry so he got a red one. Kinda makes me think that I should look at things thru a child's eyes more often. So so simple and yet so straight forward.

Comments

Popular Posts