Gingerbread Houses


Michael could not hardly wait for today. Today was Gingerbread House construction with Skyler and Luke. He called Skyler and as soon as he finished some unfinished business he was ringing the doorbell. Luke wasn't home...his sister just graduated from college and they were moving her back home. I think it worked out just right because I needed about 3 more sets of hands. But we managed to do just fine once we figured out a system. We put all the pieces out on the table and then decided from experience that we would put all the icing and decorations on the sides, front and back before putting on the roof. I would help with the icing while one would decorate.
I would move to the other side of the table and ice ...back and forth...Mark was in charge of picture taking...that's one set of extra hands. Ella was in charge of eating everything that landed on the floor. The boys did a great job..they only asked 10 times when the could eat the candy. One house was more traditional than the other. One looked more like the house on the box. We decided that they could decorate the house how ever they wanted. I think they did a great job! They were so funny...constantly telling me that I was doing a good job. It took all three of us to take Skyler's house home because of the cold and nasty wind. It was fun. Now the boys are down at Skyler's house playing and I am sitting in total silence. Ahhhhhh.Now I just have to keep an ear tuned to the kitchen. Ella loves food that she isn't supposed to have...especially gingerbread houses. I think I will go put it high up on the refrigerator so she won't be able to get to it. The gingerbread does smell so tempting. Do you think Michael would notice if I just took a wee bit off one of the back corners?

Comments

Jay said…
lol Somehow I think he would notice immediately... ;-)

Popular Posts