Early Christmas All Around Us

I have been waiting for this Sunday for a long time...years in fact. You see, today was the day that Chrissy Bartholomew came home to preach. Chrissy literally grew up in Mt. Washington Baptist Church. After high school, much to her parents dismay, we went off to college in NC. During college she was bit by the bug...the preaching bug...the serving the Lord has always come second nature to Chrissy. Now she is in seminary in Chicago, again just a little too far for her family. I have written about Chrissy in the blog before. If you click on her name it will take you to the original post and you can read about her struggles with Lupus.

Today she can home to preach in the building where she knows every inch like it was the back of her had, where we all remember her a the loud little nut that was always doing crazy things, who love her dearly. Today she was able to take us back. Back to a time when she first walked thru the doors...back to where lifelong friendships have been made...back to life lessons learned...back were we all once lived. The journey was happy and then sometimes sad. Of course she would have us laughing with her stories and then we would be wiping tears when she would take us deep into her thoughts. Her journey has been one of faith...always was, always will be. To be honest, I knew it was Chrissy up there so strong and confident but it wasn't. Somewhere along the line she grew up and became a confident woman of God. She has changed so much...and that is awesome! She made me smile and even laugh out loud a few times. And she brought me to tears...who could have ever imagined that. As she spoke I looked around the room and I saw people of the church family that have loved Chrissy for as many years as she is old.. They too were smiling. Remembering Chrissy. Then we are were all warming up to her glow as she talked about her journey and how God and the church had influenced and loved her all these years. I consider this my first gift of Christmas. One that I will treasure! Thank you Chrissy! oh, and by the way...I hope your youth group 'loves' you as much as 'mine' did me! Just know that you have made your church family very proud!

Comments

Popular Posts