A Visit With Peep

Peep, my Dad, and his sidekick, Stitch, came for a few days. Little did they know what they were in for. Because you never know what is going to happen from day to day around here.First order of business...the pet store for Ella a new collar and some batteries for the shock collar. Then we were supposed to be walking to Kroger when he spotted these jewels in the Hallmark store. I am not believing that my Dad, my children's grandfather and our grand kids, great grandfather is now the very proud owner of a cool pair of black crocks. I am still shaking my head and asking myself why? why? why?

We took him over to see the pigs.

He checked out the bamboo. All he could say was..."this isn't supposed to grow here."

He even got to meet my buddy Blue.



But the best was yet to come...I finally after living in this area for over 12 years...I finally got to cross the Ohio River on the Anderson Ferry.





You may ask..why ride the ferry? Several reasons. I have always wanted to. And we were going over to have a birthday lunch with Betsy's Aunt Tootie who turned 93 on Tuesday. Let's just say that all the men working on the ferry knew Betsy's Dad. (If a Hess rides with you, got get to ride the ferry for free.) And they all told us to tell the old lady happy birthday. Seems she is well known in these parts also. Betsy's brother, William ,was, I believe, the first pilot of the ferry. So we got to go for free. I love the prices for the different modes of transportation. We had a great visit with Aunt Tootie. She is a spit fire. Didn't like being in the nursing home so she just came home. She was born and raised in her house and she said that she plans to die there also. Betsy took me into the pantry where there is a door in the floor that when opened leads to the cellar. Aunt Tootie told us all about the 37 flood and Betsy's Dad and my Dad talked about being in the Navy. Betsy was able to write out some checks for Aunt Tootie's bills. It was great fun and I hope we can go visit her again sometime. Emmy got to go too. She was the official picture taker on the ferry. If you look close enough in the van you can see Betsy's Dad and my Dad. After the party, I asked Betsy if she would drive down the river road to show my Dad the stone sink that we are somehow going to get to our yard. When he saw it he just laughed really loud. Guess he isn't going to come back to help out.

Comments

The Oakes said…
that picture of Peep with the bamboo......i can just hear it......here comes a story and it starts with "now.......long pause, back when......."

Popular Posts