Today's Treasures

So far the Almanac has been right on...today was sunny and beautiful. You know what that means...yard work. I love it. While cleaning out flower beds getting them all ready for the horrible winter that we are supposed to be having...I came across two treasures. Each day that I look at this rose it gets more beautiful. I am guessing that I have about three more days to enjoy it. The petals look like velvet! And this is the only bud on the plant. I am planning to cover it with a cloche for the winter to keep it warm in hopes that it will survive. I have read that it will work...so I am going to try it and see. I'll let you know. This is the strangest thing...a pumpkin vine with blooms that is behind the compost bin in the bottom of a clay pipe. I have no idea how it go there. One day nothing, the next a plant with blooms. Maybe I should hang out a little more behind the compost bin. I have saved the best for last. Bet you can't guess the story behind this picture? Well, Mark and I had just finished cutting the grass and getting the yard all nice and presentable for Homecoming happenings.(that will be blogged next). We were having some water on the front porch under the ceiling fan. I didn't have my glasses on or my contacts in but I knew something wasn't right up the street. I know, I pass papers there. It looked like someone had taken apart and fence and taken it to the curb...well, you know what we did.....jumped in the truck and drove up for a look see. Sure enough, two nice 8 foot sections of fencing. Perfect! We have been wondering what to do about the ugly compost bin in the back corner of theyard....Mark drops me off at the fence. I got to the front door...no answer. The garage door is open so there is someone home. I go to the back and find the man swimming in his pool. I asked if he was throwing the fencing away and he says yes. I ask if it would be okay if we took it. He says yes and then his wife says that if we see anything they put out on the curb we can have it...oh, my gosh, I can't wait to see what else we just might not be able to live without! As we were loading the two sections of fence, an 8 foot 4x4 and another 4x4 with fencing around the edges, the lady says thanks for asking. We are now trying to figure out the perfect placement for the fences so you can't see the ugly compost bin. Once we get it fixed I'll post another finished photo. Once again...one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Comments

Popular Posts