This One Is For My Sister

I celebarted yet another birthday last week...I am officially as old as the year I was born..not telling either. The kids...minus the crew in Co...came for dinner. Mark cooked...YEA! This was my birthday card. At the bottom it says 'so thankful you're my Mom.' The inside says...'And no longer our beautician.' When I saw the card I saw my little sister. We had haircuts, thanks Dad, like this all the time we were growing up. And to prove my point, here are a few vintage shots of Robin sporting the 'Dad Special'...The first picture is one of my favorite pictures. I don't know why but it makes me laugh. Robing, sitting not so lady like, blowing bubbles on the steps at the house on Locust Street right beside the family that has a ton of kids. That is our dog, Noosie, behind her. I think the other picture was taken at my cousins house in Milton. It still amazes me after looking at the card and the first picture....I think someone got in my parents pictures and took this one of Robin. We even had the same little white shirt.I love looking at old pictures from 'back in the day'. Happy Birthday to me.

Comments

Jan said…
Oh, those were the days. I think you two got it worse than my sis and I. Happy Birthday, and many more. If I put my thinking cap on, I could figure how old you are, but I'm too lazy, today.
Katie R said…
I love sisters. Sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was happy. :)
Anonymous said…
Well well well..... we grow older and wiser...It was nice to have a big sister around but where were you when I got that big bruse on my leg, You were mad I bet cause I think the gum I had was yours HAHAHAHAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS

Popular Posts