Michael's Decorations

It helps when you have the Queen of Halloween living next door...Ms Renee is Halloween crazy. I love it. She has some really cool stuff...you should see the witch that Mr. John made for her that she puts in her front window...it is awesome! Last week when Michael was sick and missed a day of school. He decided (because he had a lotof thinking thime with no TV or anything fun) that this weekend we should decorate for Halloween. Spiders and webs are his favorites...as you can see in the pictures below...
Don''t be scared...it is just some skeletons and stuff. The little black bat and stars are those jello stickie things that will stick to anything. I knew we were in for a day of decorating when I came down the steps and Michael had already started at 7AM. I wanted you to feel the full effect. The broom is from Renee, who else. The pirate hanging on the front door is from last year. The painted jack-o-lantern is from a birthday party of one of the little girls in Michael's class. The big long skeleton was an extra school project for Michael from his teacher last year. She knew that he loved skeletons so she copied one from magazine for him to assemble. He loves it. And the other pumpkin was left on our mailbox by a realty company. Evey year they leave a pumpkin on every one's mailbox. It looks pretty cool driving around the neighborhood with all the little pumpkins all in a row. (Just don't take my Dad passing papers with you...he thinks it is time for target practice) We have spiders and spider webs on every window and every bush. Note to self...next year ditch the webs, they are a pain. This morning when I went out with Ella most of the webs are up on the roof covered in leaves. Can't wait to clean that mess up. And just take a look at that scary lamp post...covered in webs and tons of spiders. Michael was in charge of spiders. I think we might have about 500 of them in the front yard now. That makes it sooooo scary!! And we could not leave out our one and only skeleton pirate. He looks pretty scary too. Michael is hoping that all the kids won't be too scared when they come trick-or-treating. He has decided that Mark is going to pass out the candy and I get to walk with him. I think we will probably have to pass out our candy while we are trick-or-treating...I don't think that Circuit City closes for Halloween. Last night I pulled out the old faithful BOO Jack-O-Lantern. Mark's Mom made this for us one year long, long, time ago. I have this and one pumpkin that she made for this time of year. One year I even carved a pumpkin that looked just like this one.

I got an email from My friend, Christine, in New Zealand and she says 'A pirate for trick or treat? Wow, that is original. Normally over here, we have witches, ghouls, ghosts and ..that's about it! Oh and the PUMPKIN HEAD.' I guess I am going to have to take a bunch of pictures and send them to her so they can get on the ball over there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Although it is only August, we have started to make our Christmas Decorations that we will sell in aid of the Church this year. We are using recycled cards and old christmas decorations and having fun too!
---------
Brukewilliams
Internet Marketing

Popular Posts