Mamaw Needs Encouragement

Posted by PicasaMark's Mom is in the hospital until at least Saturday with a severe case of bronchitis. She really has trouble getting her breath. This is about her third case in three month. This latest episode sent her to the ER in an ambulance. I called her yesterday... I talked and she listened. I could hear how scared she is in her voice. I am asking you to take a little time and send her a card. My goal is to get as many people as I can, from all over the world, to send a card of encouragement...enough to fill the dining room table. She loves to display the cards and sit and look at them. Here is her address

Katherine Ellis
414 Lower Terrace
Huntington, WV 25705

You must understand that Katherine has been battling rheumatoid arthritis since she broke her neck more that 40 years, I guess. She depends on Papaw for just about everything. Never once have I hear her ever complain. She is in pain daily. Some days are better than others. She has been thru every kind of arthritis medicine available. She needs some sunshine in her world right now. Help me out...send a card...say a prayer. Thank you for caring.
Morning Update: I just called the nurses station to see how her night went. Good report...she had a good night. Terry spent the night with her. He was actually in the room changing her bed....all those old nursing skills have come in handy. So far she seems to be improving with the IV steroids and breathing treatments and probably just the safe feeling being at the hospital where if anything happens the nursing staff is right there...not an ambulance ride to the ER.

Comments

Popular Posts