Imagination in Overload

This is what you get when you don't have a TV to watch or a Wii to play or friends to play with. Michael had a difficult day at school today. Here is his story....
Michael....Mom can we just do away with this ticket thing?
Mom....Why do you ask that?
Michael....silence
Mom....Michael, did you get a yellow ticket today?
Michael....silence
Mom....You didn't get a red ticket did you?
Michael....I so sorry, sorry, sorry.
Mom....Tell me what happened.
Michael....Kelly (whose name has been changed to protect the innocent) just doesn't care bout getting tokens. She doesn't like to get in line and be quiet.
Mom....So how did you get a red ticket?
Michael....I grabbed her shirt to put her in line.
Mom....you probably know the rest...discussion on appropriate behavior at school...punishment discussion...tears...pleading...more tears...silent treatment

We come home and have our snack and then he is off in search of something to do. A little later he comes to find me on the phone and wants me to come and play a game with him. Gran(d) Star Rescue. (He can't hear the d in grand) He has all the rules..forward and backwards on the board, a black hole, shortcut....we played forever...he won! He is planning on taking it to Amish Country this weekend because he is under the mistaken impression that there will be no electricity in the cabin. AndI'm not telling him any different.

Comments

The Oakes said…
is that a pirate ship?
Anonymous said…
no, I am pretty sure it is Mario's castle.
Jan said…
"And I'm not telling him any different." - Love it. Reminds me of the time I unplugged the TV - told everyone it was broken.

Popular Posts