EMPS #7...Furniture

Our instructions from Carly over behind the wonderful pictures and writings of Ellipsis has suggested the topic of furniture. You know that comfy chair that we rest in when our bones a weary from a hard day. The place that brings you comfort while reading a good book. You know what I am talking about...ahhhhh. But she wanted it to be well 'loved'. You know with the springs showing and the stuffing coming out. When we moved back to Ohio were were able to throw all that stuff out and happy to get all new. (Thank you Jesus for selling our house in only 9 days and giving us a great return) That is not to say that we don't have any old chairs around here...hope you don't mind I took a different approach to the topic. These are our campfire sitting benches. The wooden bench on the left used to sit way back under the willows in WI. The bench on the right was left here for us as a 'gift' from the precious owners. It is a really sturdy bench. I love the worness of them. They may not look to comfy but they are. Can't you just feel the warmth of the fire on you face and smell the smoke. Are you eyes burning just a little. Just wait, in a few minutes you might just smell the smoke if you try hard enough.
My Dad made us this deacon's bench way back when we moved into house #2 in WV...the one with the red roof on top of the hill. It too has weathered many moves. He was on a roll when he was into making these benches...he had one on his porch, my sister has on right by her front door, Aunt Kate has one also. They come in handy when you are putting on muddy shoes that have been left on the porch in fear of getting yelled at if you should even try to come in the house with muddy shoes. I love my old green chairs. They don't make them like that anymore. These babies are mega heavy. Mark found them in Old Milford and surprised me with them one day last summer. I had been looking for some almost like these and just couldn't find them. The lady at the shop suggested we paint the....no way, it would take away the charm. Nope, they will stay like this for as long as we have them. More transplanted chairs from WI. We had a small patio just perfect for two small chairs. Problem was we had more people than that. So we had to pour a concrete patio to accommodate all the chairs...not to mention the wonderful hot tub (that our neighbors are enjoying probably right now) We have already had many meals and fun times out under the pergola...day and night. Ahhhh, the front porch chair. Love sitting here early morning with a cup of coffee and listening to he birds. Sometimes in the evenings we just sit here and do nothing. These are Amish made chairs (how I admire the Amish and all they do). They don't look to comfy but they are. Somehow they knew just the right shape for my hiney and it fits perfectly. This is definitely the find of the century. Out collecting for our papers with Michael and someone had this out in their trash...a perfectly great chair. I had to call out the reinforcements to come with the pick-up truck to haul it home. I love it when you sit down...there is a real bounce to this one.According to Tom at Serendipity, in WI...this chair had been sitting in the barn for 30 years. And I think I got a real deal. The day before we moved back to OH Serendipity was open for their sale. We had to go just one more time. The movers though all of our Yard Art and stuff was just a bunch of junk. Little did they know. I wish they could come back now and see the backyard with all the junk placed in just the right place. I'd say we were pretty darn near a masterpiece back there. Still a few more surprises up our sleeve but we will just have to wait for next spring to get them underway.

I've had fun going back down memory lane with all our 'furniture'. Now I am headed over to Carly's place to get the linking list so I can check to see what everyone else had done. Want to come along? It will be fun and always very interesting.

Comments

Carly said…
Hello Wammy :)

Once again you have wowed me with some truly wonderful photos. I love that you got some of those great chairs at a yard/barn sale! Isn't it wonderful when you come across a truly great find? Big Smiles. You seem like you would be great fun to hit a yard sale with! Thanks for playing this week, and making me smile.

Always, Carly
leigh ann said…
the yellow chair reminds me of old chairs my grandparents had. thanks for the happy memory. =)
Hi Wammy, Great Furniture! The old yellow metal bouncy chair reminded me of some that were at our old resort..but ours were green. Thanks for the tour of your chairs..looks like you have lots of places to sit:)
Tammy Brierly said…
You have hit the jackpot in finding such great rustic pieces. What a treat!

Popular Posts