Breaking Me In

Julie brought Allyson over for a few hours today while she went with her classes to the fire station. She came loaded down with a ton of stuff...you know all those essentials...diapers, wipes, bottles, blankets, extra clothes, bottle liners, milk....We were going to have a great time. Ella finally figured out that having a baby in the house might not be such a bad thing after all...easier to escape out the door when Mom's not looking. Thank heavens she loves Kay next door. I gave Kay a bag of dog treats just in case it ever happend again...sure, right.
She only made it out that one time. I think that just might be a record for the day. If only I could trust her to lay in the yard, chase the squirrels and not bark at everyone and everything that goes up and down the street, and then try to go with them. Maybe someday the backyard will be fenced in. Then I will just have to worry about her jumping over the fence or tunneling under it. We were on a roll, sleeping, pooping, eating, smiling, walking (us taking a walk to the bus stop to check how long it would take) until we had to sit in the hot car in a long line while bees kept coming in the windows while we were waiting for Sarah. Sarah even sat in the back to entertain until we got back home. I thought she was probably hungry so I tried to warm that stupid bottle up as fast as I could. Boy, was she mad. About that time, Julie pulls up in the driveway. What a way to end the first day! Baby crying, Mom upset because the bay is upset...not good. I am sure that thing s will go better next week once we get into a routine. I know it will. I'll have to say that I think we all did a darn good job on the first day! Can't wait until next week when she is her all day long. It won't take us long to get in the groove.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You will do great! Now we can have play dates!

Popular Posts