Our GI Joe

We just call him Tyler. But I have always from day one called him T-Bird. Don't ask me why...why do I call Sarah Beth, Gert or Jill, BobaLouie, or Molly, Furball. They just come to me that's all I know. Any whooooo...Tyler came by Mamaw and Papaw's house while we were there on Sunday to give them the news that he has enlisted.I don't remember too many of the details but what I do remember him telling us is that since he has a college degree and is newly married, his job will be way back from the front lines. And he is a Corporal, I think...don't hold me to that...I don't understand all this GI Joe talk. He will be fixing the tanks...he has a physics degree. I don't think I have ever seen him so nervous. He has wanted to tell Mamaw and Papaw for some time but just couldn't get up the nerve. Plus he wanted to wait as long as he could before telling Mamaw because she tends to worry just a bit. I think he said that he goes to Ft. Knox in August and from then on I can't remember. So, please add Tyler and his family to your prayer list.

Comments

Popular Posts