The Actual Three Year Plan

We have been working like an army of ants in our yard and our neighbors yard that had the big tree down. I love it but have recently become aware that even sweat bee cause swelling. (I will spare you the pictures) I now have to work in the yard with long sleeves, long scrubs and tons of bug spray. I am on benydryl and anti itch meds. The stings get as big as a orange and hot and hard as a rock and I don't even want to tell you how bad they itch. ( At least they don't look as bad as my eye did a few weeks ago.). My Dad has a secret recipe for them...amonia mixed with a little water in a spray bottle. Back to the Three Year Plan....I was reading an article in our new favorite Fine Gardening magazine and it brought everything back home."We all have heard the saying...'First year, they sleep. Second year they creep. Third year, they leap.' This matra is helpful because it explains why you plants might not do much after you plant them and offers you a hope for the future. If I were to adapt the saying to my experience, it would go something like this: 'First year, they sleep. Second year I have forgotten what they are. Third year...if they make it that long-I have probably moved them so I'm back to the first year.' Seems like I have been here before. Maybe we should just stop and see what happens. Naaaaa, wouldn't be as much fun.

Comments

leigh ann said…
jan! you and your allergies. no wonder you and kathy were instant buddies!
The Oakes said…
yeah thanks i thought you said you were going to spare me!
Kathy said…
i think its time for jan to carry an epi pen!

.....do you subscribe to Birds & Blooms magazine?
Kathy said…
i think leighann is making fun of our "sensitive ness" that God gave us.

Popular Posts