Visitors

Emmy brought her three friends from France over tonight so they could check out the cicadas. Evidently no cicadas in France. Did you know that if you pull the front leg off a cicada...it's entire head pops off and its body twitches...I learned this little tidbit at the bus stop this morning. YUCK! Forgot to take a picture of our new friends that promise to come back for dinner as long as we eat around 7-8PM. But I did get some shots of the cicadas....

According to those who are up on all their cicada info, Ms. Renee, this is a white female. She is on the way to climbing up the oak tree. Better get out of her way...she is a woman on a mission...don't you just love those piercing red eyes? To be honest, I think the wings are beautiful. The are so transparent and almost like lace. I jsut wonder hwat God had in mind for thier purpose when he created them? That might just be on my list of questions....

Comments

Kathy said…
these nasty things i do detest but im with you.....i wonder about their purpose??
my daughter insisted the white ones are girls.....she lucked into that one.

Popular Posts