Be Still

Time for myself...Why is it that I find it so hard to take time for myself? Time to be, rather than to do. Time to think, to talk to God, and most of all to be silent in his presence while he talks to me.



You know how it is, Lord! There is always so much to be fitted in. People to be seen...work to be done...obligations to fulfill! It is so difficult to distinguish between urgent and the important. And often what is urgent elbows its way to the forefront of my day and the important gets trampled on in the rush.



Slow me down, Lord. Teach me the art of creating island of stillness, in which I can absorb beauty of everyday things: clouds, trees, a snatch of music. Prompt me to lift my heart to you in a moment of thankfulness. Impress upon my mind that there is more to life than packing every moment with activity, and help me to fence in some part of my day with quietness. And please talk to me and help me to listen, so that I take you peace rather than my confusion back with me into the hurly-burly of a hurting world.



"Go home to your friends, and tell them what wonderful things God had done for you: and how merciful he has been." Mark's Gospel

Comments

Popular Posts