RRRRRAAAAAIIIIINNNNN

I think we are going to have to build the opposite of a mote around the house. It has been raining for days. I am keeping a close eye on our little water problem. Tonight when Mark gets off work we will be digging a trench away from the window well. Right now it is dry inside but I am really nervous about all the water in the backyard. I knew we were in trouble when I opened the garage door to take the dog out and I stepped in a puddle of water. I'm glad it was dark and my neighbors weren't home because I am sure I looked like an idiot sweeping the water away from the AC unit with a little broom.
I went back in the house and found my special red shoes that I wear in the garden...so Iwouldn't sink....I think you might want to call our backyard a future coy pond complete with pirate ships and floating wagons. Do you know the song that goes like this..."I've got a river of life running.....well, we have a river of all the neighbors water running thru our backyard.

So, now picture this...I am in my pj's, with a huge black umbrella balancing on my left shoulder, I am standing out in the middle of the vinca vine in a thunderstorm, digging a trench trying to divert all the run off water into the ditch in the vinca vine that eventually empties into the front yard. And all the time I am doing this I am praying that we get no water in the basement and if we do I can figure out who to call this late at night to help...Mark is still at work at this point. After what seems like forever, Mark makes it home and I feel a little better. He decides that he is going to sleep on the couch to keep an eye on the water. I am still wondering who we would call if something happens and the water comes thru the window well again. Praise the Lord we are dry as a bone. Most of our neighbors weren't so lucky. Skyler's house ended up having two geysers in their basement...and it wasn't rain run off. I'm talking raw sewage. They had to call someone to come and empty out their septic tanks...twice!! in the middle of the might into early morning. And I bet you can't guess what in in the forcast for this weekend...more rain!

Comments

Popular Posts